Saturday, June 4, 2016

A 30 minute walk???

So I could have sworn someone told me that the hike up to O Cebreiro was a half hour hike. And Nanette telling us that we wouldn't have to bring much up the mountain only reassured me that this would be a short walk. I did know that we would be walking up and up... But as we began the walk I noticed that everyone else in the group had been carrying their backpacks with them. Silly me I only brought a rain coat that was tied around my waist and in the raincoat was my phone and 40 euros. As we began our incline up the mountain someone asked me where my backpack was and I told them something like... Well, this is only a half hour walk and Nanette said not to bring much. I think it was Abby who then in disbelief said something like this hike is actually supposed to be 3 hours! It's 8 kilometers! And there I was, hiking up a mountain, our toughest hike yet. No water, no food, no backpack. It was tiring but the upside is I got to drink from two fountains and didn't have any weight to carry, it was great!



No comments:

Post a Comment