Thursday, May 12, 2016

El Camino blog 1

With finals reaching an end, I'm still amazed that we are all going on such a large journey so soon. It hasn't really hit me yet, and it honestly probably won't until we get on the plane! I remember that same feeling when I had traveled to Spain in the past. During the summer of 2014, my friend and I had enrolled in a four week immersion program. We had stayed in Madrid for a few days, and for the remainder of our trip we stayed with a host family in Granada who didn't know a single word in english besides the work chicken. I thought it was interesting that the elderly group of sisters we called our host family had never left the country of Spain, and here we are in our youth embarking on a journey 4300 miles across the world to walk El Camino de Santiago 300 hundred more miles across Spain. While I am not entirely why they never left Spain, I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to travel to Europe again and walk El Camino. I feel the need to make this trip truly count for those who wish to go, but are unable.

No comments:

Post a Comment