Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Pre-Departure Thoughts

Hey there, my name is Bailey! As I am putting on the finishing touches on my packing for this amazing trip that we are about to embark upon, I find it astonishing that the time has come for us to take on the Camino together. I am so looking forward to this adventure and the people that we will meet and the close friendships that this journey is sure to create. I'm excited, but also nervous for all of the challenges that I'm sure the Camino holds. I'm going into the trip remembering "There's no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".

This trip means so much to me not only as a traveler, but also as a Christian. The past two years, around the same time of the year, I've gone to a wonderful camp for Christian student athletes where I have grown in my faith. I am excited to use this time on the Camino to continue to learn and experience things in a brand new way and in a new environment.

I am a tad more nervous because I am coming off of a bout with the infamous viral infection of mono. I'm feeling much better, but I know I haven't been able to walk around and train as much as some of the other peregrinas before this trip. Hopefully my previous athletic training is sufficient and my shoes are well worn from other hikes.


No comments:

Post a Comment